APPLY: GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is an exciting competition that aims to uplift innovative entrepreneurial ventures in the agri-food sector founded by young people across Africa. If you are a young agripreneur with an innovative business venture, you could win one of two US$50,000 cash prizes that will help you change your world and transform the agri-food business.
One male and one female winner will be chosen based on the innovation, originality, scalability and environmental sustainability of your business venture.
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to take their business venture to the next level. In addition to the US$50,000, the competition also offers these agripreneurs the chance to attend the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) meeting in Accra, Ghana. Our finalists will also receive mentorship (to be confirmed), programming linkages (to be cofirmed) and guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- Entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition, and is legally recognised as an adult in country of nationality
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country which is a member of the African Union
- Entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership
- Entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offence, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect, if requested
- Venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to 21 July 2019
- Venture is headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union
- Venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
– Agri-food research & development
– Primary food production (farming)
– Crop nutrition
– Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
– Crop protection
– Hydroponics or urban farming
– Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
– Food processing
– Packaging or marketing
– Food retail or service
– Waste management or recycling
– Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
– Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
– Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
– An expert jury will review all applications, considering criteria such as innovation, originality, scalability, and environmental sustainability.
– 30 semi-finalists will be notified via Facebook and email at the end of July 2019. Semi-finalists will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
– 12 finalists will be selected by the jury in August 2019. Six male and six female finalists will be notified via Facebook, in person or by email.
– Finalists will be invited to compete in the final live pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) meeting in Accra, Ghana on Tuesday, 3 September 2019. This will be part of a full week of activities that finalists will be expected to attend, from 2-6 September 2019. Should you not have a valid passport and plan to enter GoGettaz, please apply for one now.
– All 12 finalists will be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
Closes: July 21, 2019
Program dates September 2 – September 6, 2019