Application Deadline: December 15th 2019 midnight CET time
Every year, World Water Day draws the world’s attention to key global water issues. World Water Day 2020 will focus on Water and Climate Change. Youth has an important role to play in working towards regional water security and increased water awareness. Young people are involved in innovative water-related projects and research around the Mediterranean and are key to securing a more sustainable water future in the region. Youth also has an essential role to play in creating a more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees.
To amplify the voice of regional youth on this topic, the Center for Mediterranean Integration (CMI) is launching the fourth edition of its Mediterranean youth workshop on Water and Climate Change. In the run-up to this workshop, the fourth edition of the “Mediterranean Water Heroes” youth contest will offer young water activists from around the Mediterranean the opportunity to showcase their innovative work on water and Climate Change.
- Young people aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the water sector in the Mediterranean.
- Regardless of their place of residence, applicants must be nationals from one of the following Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Applications from Libya, Algeria, and Egypt are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants may be active within public institutions, research institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or are freelancers.
- The official languages of the contest are English and Arabic.
- Deadline December 15th midnight CET time
- December 20th: Announcement of the contest results
- March 23-26 2020 (tbc): Participation of the contest winners at CMI World Water Day
How to Apply:
For any questions regarding the contest, kindly get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: