It’s not just enough to read all you need online, growth is measured in the business world when you relate with people offline or at events and seminars. You are able to intelligibly discuss with people, share knowledge and even gain more. Apparently, networking is absolutely important.
Networking for business owners is sometimes all kit up and noone knows how to approach the other. Below are easy tips to relate with people at a networking event:
1. Try to find out in advance who will be attending and identify who you want to meet. Doing this helps you target what you’re looking for and also what would help you beyond the now.
2. Prepare an elevator pitch that describes who you are and what you do in less than 30 seconds. This way, you don’t get to waste the time of whoever you’re going to meet especially where the person you need it for is a speaker.
3. Make notes on the back of the business cards you receive, but wait to write things down until you are alone so as to not seem rude. First impression lasts longer, they say.
4. Research speakers and attendees ahead of time and reach out to them. When you approach them, it makes them feel large, important and good in carriage.
5. Use social media to connect with speakers and people you meet. After meeting then, its easier to keep in touch with so many of them, referring back to where you first met.