She Leads Africa has announced 19 early-stage businesses accepted into its 2017 3-month Accelerator Program, which is designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest Entrepreneurs.
This year, the program will hold in 3 Nigerian states – Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna. Accelerator Participants will spend the next three months working on their business strategy and growth while networking with investors and potential partners.
See the selected startups below:
Intel Technology Cohort
- Greymate Care – an online platform that connects the elderly and vulnerable adults to highly trained and insured caregivers.
- Dexterity Logics Ltd– a Software Development Agency that provides online solutions to businesses and an e-learning platform to software developers.
- Eventplanner.ng – an online platform that connects event-related vendors such as photographers, makeup artists, caterers, MCs and DJs to users in need of their services.
Cointreau Creatives Cohort
- Taeillo – designs and creates premium urban African furniture.
- Netima Happy Feet – creating stylish and flexible casual flat footwear.
- MMG Creations World – handcrafting quality Jewelry that maintains the essence of both traditional and modern designs.
- Red Button – a Nigerian Fashion Label set to redefine corporate wear fashion for the African Woman, with the use of African prints and materials to make stylish, unique corporate wear.
- Auditions.Ng – a job listing site for the creative and entertainment industry.
GTB Retail & E-Commerce Cohort
- Food-i-Like – a food ordering and delivery company.
- Mahauty Health Solutions – produces healthy baby foods devoid of artificial additives.
- Perception Consult Ltd – produces furniture for individual clients and organizations using durable yet affordable materials and offers interior design and accessorizing services.
- Smile-On Limited – providing a variety of healthy baby foods.
- CEA Consultancy And Translation Services – partners with international organizations and businesses to build business communities across borders and ensure mutual understanding, increased productivity and growth.
OCP Agribusiness Cohort
- Dahrah Global Limited – an agricultural company that farms and trades commodities.
- Meenam Blends – an organic spices production business focused on the production, processing, and packaging of healthy spices, garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Farm For Gold Venture – a business involved in the farming and processing of ginger.
- Apples & Berries Fruits Paradise – a fresh juice & salad bar that prepares and sells naturally healthy and fresh smoothies, fruit/vegetable salads and juices.
- Showplace Nigeria Limited– locally produces and packages quality instant ginger root drink.
The 19 startups were selected from over 200 startups from across Nigeria, and evaluated based on their traction in the market, management team and vision to grow and scale across Africa. The entreprenurs will have the opportunity to pitch their businesses at an Investor Demo Day in November and compete for N2 million Investment from She Leads Africa along with other business support services.
The SLA 2017 Accelerator Programme is in partnership with the Work in Progress! Alliance, OCP, Guaranty Trust Bank, Cointreau, and Intel.