Electricite De France (EDF) Pulse Africa Awards 2019 for African Energy Startups
You are an African start-up. You develop innovative projects around energy and you want to accelerate the development of your project. Apply for the EDF PULSE AFRICA AWARDS.
Application Deadline: 12th July 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Paris, France
Eligibility: Any participating structure must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a structure (start-up, micro-enterprise …) of less than 30 people.
- Be domiciled in Africa.
- Be established by July 12, 2019.
- Introduce an innovation that uses or produces electricity, and falls within the scope of one of the 3 categories mentioned above.
- Be the bearer of a project with an advanced stage of development:
- Be in the pre-commercialization phase (or be marketed for less than one year).
- Have a prototype by November 21, 2019, allowing the demonstration of the proposed solution to the general public, at the time of the Grand Jury.
Value of Award:
- In preparation of the grand oral, the representatives will participate to three (3) day coaching session and support in order to the grand jury.
- The costs of transport and accommodation in France of each finalist representative will be borne by the Organizer
- The awards ceremony will be filmed and distributed or redisplayed on the Internet, especially on social networks.
- Each winner will receive a trophy “EDF PULSE AFRICA 2018 PRIZE”
- The three (3) laureates will receive from EDF an allocation for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes: 15K €, 10K € and 5K € respectively. This allocation will contribute to the development of their projects. The endowment will be paid by bank transfer or check to the winning team structure.
- The three (3) winners will benefit from easy access to financing and possible development of partnerships with EDF Group companies in Africa.
Participants must personally meet all costs related to the visa application process
How to Apply: All participants must complete and submit an electronic file on the competition website. The complete brief includes:
- One (1) editable PDF application form (annexed to this regulation) presenting:
- The structure, its team and its motivations;
- The developed solution or product, as well as its market and economic model;
- The stage of advancement: tests, prototypes, fund raising, commercial contacts, support and partners, awards…
- One (1) project photo in high definition, JPEG or PNG format, 800 x 600 pixels minimum
- One (1) team photo in high definition, JPEG or PNG format, 800 x 600 pixels minimum
The application form for the EDF Pulse Africa Prizes, duly completed, must be submitted by a legal representative or founder of the company on behalf of the latter.