5 Tools Every Blogger Needs

It is a common misconception that bloggers just write, but as a full-time blogger for your own site or maybe multiple clients, you know that writing is just one of many responsibilities especially because of deadlines.

It is very advisable to start utilizing these blogging tools to accelerate your writing and business as they will help you increase your productivity, so that you can become a better blogger.

Here’s a list of 15 tools every ambitious blogger needs to accelerate their craft and business.

1. Grammarly

Most writers will agree that writing is only 20% of your job. The other 80% is editing. Writers continue to refine their writing to give readers their best work. It’s how they master the skill.

Grammarly makes you a better writer by spotting grammatical errors and offering synonym suggestions. It’s like having a virtual editor.

With Grammarly, we have managed to eliminate almost every type of mistake that could potentially sneak their way through our editorial process. Grammarly has lead us to much higher customer satisfaction rates and fewer headaches for everyone involved in the content creation process” says James Kosur, chief marketing officer at Presto Media.

2. Hemingway App

Good writing isn’t just about good grammar. You also want your writing to be impactful and enjoyable to read. That’s where Hemingway App comes in.

Simply copy and paste your blog post into the free online tool, and it highlights areas for improvement. Using different color highlights, the tool provides suggestions for removing passive voice, choosing better adjectives or adverbs, and adjusting the reading level of your article.

3. CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer

Headlines rank as one of the most significant parts within a blog post. If you can’t capture people’s attention in a few seconds, it’s likely that your post will never get read.

CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer helps you solve that problem by scoring your titles. The analysis includes the overall structure, grammar, and readability of your headline. Moreover, you’ll learn whether your title needs an added boost of emotion.

4. Canva

Research uncovers that content paired with a relevant image boosts people’s retention of the information by 65%. Therefore, it’s essential that your blog post contains jaw-dropping visuals.

With Canva, you can produce high-quality graphics for your post. Choose from millions of images and hundreds of fonts. It’s drag-and-drop feature makes designing easy for beginners. If you ever need inspiration, check out the brand’s interactive tutorials.

5. Google Keyword Planner

How will your target audience find your content? It all starts with boosting your organic search traffic.

Google’s Keyword Planner is effective for forming keyword ideas, viewing historical statistics, and generating traffic forecasts.
Google’s Keyword Planner is a great place to start plugging in keywords that are relevant to your site to see what the competition for each of those keywords looks like. This will help you eliminate the ones you shouldn’t be optimizing for and select the ones that can work best to drive traffic to your site” states Forbes contributor Jia Wertz.

Get Featured

We interview founders across Africa, and feature African startups.

If you run a business or startup in Africa, or know anyone who does, we’d love to tell that story!

To reach us for founder/startup feature, send a mail to editor@foundersafrica.com or fill this form.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

More from this category