Things to Note Before Choosing a Social Media Platform for your Business
Whether you’re a new business just starting your social media marketing journey or a business that has been around a while, what is most important is that you maintain a presence on the right social media platforms to promote your brand.
The right social media platforms for your brand, are the ones your target audience hang out. First, you need to have a really good knowledge of your target audience, which is their age, their gender, location and their income level.
The overview below will give you an idea of the right social media channels for your target audience.
Facebook is arguably the most popular and most used social media platform around.
- Over 2.3 billion unique monthly users.
- Around 1.4 billion active daily users.
- Around 80% of 18-29-year-olds are on Facebook.
- Over 70% of all internet users make use of Facebook.
- Over 64% of Facebook users are female.
- An optimum viewing time of around 90 minutes for posts.
Facebook is a very useful platform for advertising and marketing a brand, because of its massive user base.
If you have a target audience in those demographics above, it’s worth looking to see if Facebook is the right platform for your brand.
- There are over 330 million monthly active users on Twitter.
- Around 22% of all adult men use Twitter.
- The biggest category of Twitter users are in the 18-29 age group.
- Less than half of Twitter users regularly tweet.
- With an average time of 2.7 minutes spent on the app per day, It is relatively low compared to other platforms.
- The average amount of time tweets spend on people’s feeds is between 19 and 24 minutes.
Because tweets disappear from the feed very quickly, there is the need to post more frequently on this social media channel than on others.
Twitter is good also for social listening, it is easier to monitor what people are saying about you and your competitors.
Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform, outclassing its most similar competitor Snapchat.
- Over 38% of female internet users are on Instagram, and the majority of its users are women.
- It has over 500 million daily unique users and 800 million monthly unique users.
- An incredible 90% of Instagram users are under 35.
- The average daily use time for Instagram users under 25 is 32 minutes, much higher than users over 25, which stands at 24 minutes.
- According to reports, around 53% of Instagram users follow brands.
Instagram is a highly visual social media channel and you do need a steady upload of high quality and appealing images to stand out.
The channel appeals particularly to women, teenagers and to creatives. So if your business is in these niches, you should consider a presence for your brand on Instagram.
It is estimated that around 30 million people visit YouTube every day, and the platform has 1 billion monthly unique users.
- There is an estimated 2 million video views per minute, and 5 billion per day on YouTube.
- Men make up 62% of YouTube users.
- Over 300 hours worth of video get uploaded to YouTube per minute
If you plan to make use of videos in your marketing campaign, YouTube could be the place for you regardless of industry.