Application Deadline: Sunday 29th September 2019
The Alliance Française de Nairobi is the Promoter of the Kenyan Smartphone Film Competition. 2019 THEME: ‘Tukiwa 2030’ / ‘Us in 2030’ / ‘Nous en 2030’
- The Smartphone Film Competition is open to all entrants 18yrs and above resident in Kenya.
- Entrants must submit their Films by midnight Sun.29th September 2019.
- Competition participation is free of charge.
- Only one lm per entrant will be accepted.
- All lms must be shot using smartphones.
- Films cannot exceed 4 minutes including credits.
- All genres accepted.
- Entries must be based on the theme ‘#Sheisnambaone’ / #Elleestnuméroun
- It is permissible to use any software or apps for editing, post-production or treatment of images.
- It is permissible to use external devices for audio recording.
- Films can be in English, French, Kiswahili or a mixture of these languages.
- Films can be in any one of the following video formats: MP4, AVI, WMV.
- Films can be submitted on USB drive or electronically by Wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Films must be entrant’s own original work and must not have been previously published or distributed in any form.
- The work must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary
rights of any person or entity.
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals featured in the lm and all individuals must have been made aware of entry to the competition.
- Any issue(s) that may arise due to the infringement of copyrights is the entrant’s sole responsibility. The Promoter will not be responsible for any infringement of copyrights.
- Entrant is responsible for ensuring all relevant permits have been obtained when developing the Film.
- Entrant consents to grant free, non-exclusive, unlimited online and broadcast use of work submitted to the Promoter for non-commercial information and promotional purposes.
- Any entry that at the discretion of the Promoter is deemed to be defamatory or discriminatory will be disqualified.
- Entrant shall indemnify the Promoter from any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any damages, liabilities and costs related to or arising out of breach of any of the agreements of entrant hereunder.
- Promoter will appoint a Jury for the selection of the 1st and 2nd Prize winners as well as the Best Newcomer.
- Storytelling, relevance to subject, cinematography, Film editing, sound and music.
- Selection of Films will be screened daily during the French Film Festival running at Alliance Française Nairobi from 7 to 10th October 2019.
For More Information: