Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative 2019 for African Entrepreneurs
Bring your science based startup to the next level! Maximise the potential of your booming startup with a fast-track Afro-Swiss acceleration program. If you are an entrepreneur with academic background or a startup from a Sub-Saharan African innovation hub in the field of Mobile health, Pharmacometrics, Innovative Financing or Digital Humanities (knowledge transfer) then join the Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative today.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Ethiopia & Switzerland
About the Award: The Swiss Africa Business Innovation Initiative (SABII) aims to boost the entrepreneurial know-how and exposure of Sub-Saharan graduate students – entrepreneurs seeking growth opportunities by offering a unique program bringing entrepreneurs to innovation hotspot in Addis Ababa and Switzerland.
Offered free of charge to ambitious young entrepreneurs, this highly competitive program comprises a 3-days workshop for advanced innovation entrepreneurs, and for the top eight candidates, a 4 days intense business development Venture Leaders program in the Swiss startup and business ecosystem.
Type: Training, Entrepreneurship
- Open to graduate students – entrepreneurs and startups from Sub-Saharan African innovation hubs, with a strong link to academia, developing products or services in the fields of mobile health, pharmacometrics, innovative financing and digital humanities (knowledge transfer).
- Your project or company must be based on research or technology developed at a local university/research institute.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The program is free of charge. Accommodation expenses on site in Addis Ababa are covered by the program. For the Swiss week, flights, transport and accommodation in Switzerland will also be covered by the program.
Duration of Programme:
- Selection of participants: September 2nd, 2019
- Advanced entrepreneurs workshop in Addis Ababa : October 25th – 27th, 2019
- Business development bootcamp in Switzerland
Spring 2020 (dates to be confirmed)
How to Apply: Apply below!