Sony is Calling on all Photographers for the World Photography Awards 2020
Application Deadline: January 14, 2020 at 13.00 (GMT)
The world’s leading awards for artists working in contemporary photography
Produced by the World Photography Organisation, the internationally acclaimed Sony World Photography Awards are one of the most important fixtures in the global photographic calendar.
The Awards are a global voice for photography and provide a vital insight into contemporary photography today. For both established and emerging artists, the Awards offer world-class opportunities for exposure of their work.
Now in its 13th year, the Awards consist of four competitions: Professional (for a body of work), Open (for a single image), Student (for academic institutions) and Youth (for 12-19 year-olds).
Always free to enter, there is a competition and a category for everyone – from Architecture, Documentary, Landscape, Portraiture, Sport, Street Photography, Wildlife, Travel, Culture and more.
All images are judged by industry experts from across the world, who come together each year in London to reward standout works. A total prize fund of $60,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between the winning photographers.
The Sony World Photography Awards has four competitions:
- Professional – Recognizing outstanding bodies of work
- Open – Rewarding exceptional standalone images
- Youth – Celebrating the best single images by emerging photographers aged between 12-19 years-old
- Student – Providing a platform for photography students worldwide
Successful photographers can receive:
- Inclusion in global and country-specific media and marketing campaigns
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards book
- Opportunity to apply for the Sony Grant to further personal photographic projects
The World Photography Organisation has a thriving online presence and creates dedicated campaigns to give unprecedented worldwide exposure to the Awards’ successful photographers across its social media platforms, mailers and website.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Sony World Photography Awards 2020