Through the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, Cartier supports women entrepreneurs who lead social enterprises in their early phases that have potential to grow significantly.
Application Deadline: 14th August, 2019 by 2pm Paris time (CEST)
Eligible Countries: Cartier reviews applications from 7 regions (Latin America, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, Far East Asia, South-East Asia). One from each region wins this award.
About the Award: Since 2006, the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards have supported 219 female entrepreneurs worldwide. Each year, 21 finalists representing 7 regions (Latin America & the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, East Asia and South Asia & Oceania) are selected during the first round of the competition. These finalists are then invited to attend the Awards week (exact location still TBC) during which the second round of the competition takes place. After the final jury evaluation, 7 laureates, one for each region, are announced on stage during the Awards ceremony.
Eligibility: The Cartier Women’s Initiative Award is looking for committed female entrepreneurs heading initiatives with the potential to grow significantly in the years to come. The selection of the finalists and laureates of the competition is done by an independent international Jury of entrepreneurs, investors, business executives and other profiles engaged in the support of female entrepreneurship.
The project to be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards must be an original for-profit business creation in its initial phase (2 to 3 years old) led by a woman:
- The “for-profit” requirement: the business submitted for the Award must be designed to generate revenues. We do not accept non-profit project proposals.
- The “originality” requirement: we want your project to be a new concept, conceived and imagined by the founder and her team and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business.
- The “initial phase” requirement: the project you submit should be in the first stages of its development meaning between 2 and 3 years old.
- The main leadership position must be filled by a woman. A good command of English is required (both verbal and written) to take full advantage of the benefits the Award has to offer.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or the age of legal majority in their respective countries or states of citizenship, whichever is older, on the day of the application deadline.
Number of Awardees: Based on the quality of the plan and the persuasiveness of the verbal presentation, one Laureate for each of the seven regions is selected
Value of Competition: The 21 finalists, representing the top 3 businesses from each of the 7 regions, will receive:
One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week.
A series of business coaching workshops and networking sessions during the Awards week.
Media visibility for the finalists and their businesses in the months leading up to the Awards week and interview opportunities with local & international press during the Awards week.
The 7 laureates (1 from each region) will receive: US$ 100 000 in prize money.
The 14 finalists (the two runners-up from each region) will receive: US$ 30 000 in prize money.
In addition to the prize money, all 21 finalists will be awarded:A scholarship to attend the six-day INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Executive Education Programme (pending admission to the programme based on eligibility criteria and selection process)Ongoing support for the further growth and development of their business
How to Apply: Go here to apply