Are you an Agripreneur?The Africa Agri-Food Development Programme is for you – Apply Now!
Application Deadline: August 2nd 2019
The Africa Agri-Food Development Programme (AADP) is a joint initiative between the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The Objective of the AADP is to develop partnerships between the Irish Agri-Food Sector and African countries to support sustainable growth of the local food industry, build markets for local produce and support mutual trade between Ireland and Africa.
Eligibility Criteria for all applications
- The partners involved must include one Irish registered agri food company and one local commercial entity in Africa;
- All proposed projects must be commercial in nature and focus and must contribute to sustainable development of the food system within the African country(s) selected. Funding will only be awarded to Irish registered agri food companies.
- AADP funding is up to a maximum of €250,000 per company for a full project or €100,000 for a feasibility study.
- AADP funding will not exceed 50% of the costs of the project;
- Companies must declare all other funding provided any other Irish or EU Public funding source to be used as funds contributed by the Irish registered company
- If an applicant company proposes to undertake a feasibility study, it should include a list of ‘potential’ partners with the application.
- Projects will be supported in the following countries – Botswana, Cóte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia;
- Funding from the AADP must bring about additionality and not replace existing funding;
- Successful AADP funding applicants will be encouraged to engage with Irish NGOs where possible on various aspects of the projects i.e. Mechanical and Engineering, Project design, etc.
Evaluation Criteria – Feasibility Study
- Likelihood of commercial viability and Sustainable Development impact
- Quality of evidence justifying the study
- Study methodology, including monitoring and evaluation activities
- Company experience and expertise
- Analysis of risk, context and possible externalities
It is intended that any investment by the AADP will be catalytic support with co-funding from the private sector. The fund is designed to leverage greater expertise, experience and investment from the Irish agri-food sector and projects should demonstrate results with a long-term developmental impact that will ultimately lead to sustainable benefits through investment by the private sector.
Irish agri-food expertise is extremely wide-ranging and examples of suitable AADP projects include:
- Business development
- Production system
- Technology Transfer
- R & D
- Project Management
Applications – Full Project (doc 88Kb) are now being accepted through this application form only.
Applications – Feasibility Study (doc 86Kb) are now being accepted through this application form only.
The forms must be completed by the Irish applicant company and submitted to email@example.com. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Friday, 2nd August 2019
For More Information: