Global Innovation Fund is a unique hybrid investment fund that supports the piloting, rigorous testing, and scaling of innovations targeted at improving the lives of the poorest people in developing countries. Through investments, they support a portfolio of innovations that collectively open up opportunities and improve the lives of millions of people across the developing world.
Summary of opportunity
Global Innovation Fund, support innovators at all stages of development. Through grants, loans (including convertible debt), and equity investments ranging from $50,000 to $15 million, they back innovations with the potential for social impact at a large scale, whether they are new business models, policy practices, technologies, behavioural insights, or new ways of delivering products and services that benefit the poor in developing countries.
- Pilot. They provide seed capital to support the startup and field-testing of innovations.
- Test and Transition. They support innovations that have already demonstrated success at a small scale.
- Scaling. They support the expansion of innovations that have already demonstrated a strong track record of social impact and effectiveness.
The potential to scale to reach millions of people.
Scale is really critical to Global Innovation Fund – as they only fund innovations that have the potential to scale to reach millions of people. However they fund organisations at various stages on their path to scale – find out more about the staged financing approach here. multiple pathways to scale:
Private sector scaling. This is done through self-generated revenues and growth via injections of market-based capital
Public sector scaling. This is done through support from governments or non-profits/donor organisations
Hybrid scaling. This is done through a combination of support from both the private and public sectors
How to apply
- Global Innovation Fund accept applications on a continuous basis, with no deadlines or ’rounds’ of funding. In addition to this open application window, they actively seek out investments. The review process is highly selective and rigorous, and less than 10% of applicants are invited to submit full proposals
- If you are interested in applying for funding please make your way through the following steps in order to start your application:
- Understanding the application process Continue to understanding the application process
- What type and amount of funding should I apply for?
- Am I a good fit for the Global Innovation Fund?
- What we do not fund
- Start an application
Click here to begin your application process: https://globalinnovation.fund/