Application Deadline: 3rd February 2020
About the Award: The UK Government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport is launching a new International Tech Hub Network in 2020, in partnership with the British High Commission in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. The hubs are one pillar of a broader Digital Access Programme which aims to catalyse digital inclusion across Africa.
This is a fantastic opportunity for start-ups using technology to solve local issues, to participate in an exciting and intensive programme in the UK to learn how to build their business to develop global solutions.
Eligibility: Applications are open to tech startups from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet ALL of the following criteria:
1. Work in one of the following four verticals: AgriTech, FinTech, HealthTech or Clean Energy
2. Post-MVP stage, fully operating in market
3. Can demonstrate a clear business model with evidence of customer traction
4. Looking to raise their first round of funding
5. Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
6. Can demonstrate commitment to strengthen the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
7. Ambition to expand internationally in the future
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below before applying