APPLY: Total PLC Energy Access Booster 2020 for Entrepreneurs with Energy Projects in Africa
Application Deadline: 13th December 2019.
Eligible Countries: African and Asian countries
About the Award: Access to reliable, affordable and clean energy is one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Reaching this goal means providing electricity to 1.0 billion people and clean cooking systems to 3.0 billion people worldwide by 2030.
To help reach these objectives, Total, ENEA Consulting, SEforALL and Acumen are launching “Energy Access Booster” – a call for projects to support entrepreneurs in the field of energy access in Africa/Asia.
Eligibility: The Energy Access Booster 2020 is open to entrepreneurs based in Sub-Saharan Africa or Asia. The selection committee will be open to all applications in the scope but will consider all applications from within that geographic scope, but will give preference to entrepreneurs operating outside East Africa, given the high number of East African entrepreneurs selected in Booster 2019.
The 2020 program targets firms at the development stage focusing on one of the two following circular economy-driven topics:
- Clean cooking*
- Small-scale** waste-to-energy
- Relevant and sound project.
- Innovative project from a technical, economic and/or business model point of view.
- Ability of the partners to provide the requested support.
- Need for support from several of the partners. Any applicant requesting financial support only, will automatically be excluded from the list of potential successful applicants.
Value of Award: Selected entrepreneurs benefit from some or all of the following support, depending on their needs and the capabilities of each partner:
- A financial contribution of a maximum of $ 50,000 per selected entrepreneur
- A strategic advisory consulting mission***
- Operational support
- Publicity for their company
The selected entrepreneurs will receive support in areas that include identification of relevant and sustainable business models, customer acquisition and retention, pilot project development, production organization, building appropriate distribution models, national or international scale-up, and financing.
How to Apply: Apply Here