APPLY: Pan African “Teach a Man to Fish” Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2019
The Pan African Awards is offering numerous awards to individuals and organisations who use education to inspire entrepreneurship in Africa.
Application Deadline: 16th August, 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Democratic Republic of the), Congo-Brazzaville (also known as Republic of the Congo), Côte d’Ivoire (commonly known as Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
About the Award: The Pan African Awards reward the very best projects which are using enterprise and entrepreneurship to innovate in the field of education. The awards are generously supported by The Saville Foundation, a charitable foundation based in South Africa. Teach A Man To Fish manage the awards using their expertise in enterprise education and highlight inspirational models and projects through their large network of educational organisations and schools.
Participants must follow these guidelines:
- Is your education or training project based in Africa?
- Does your organisation actively demonstrate the success of their entrepreneurial approach to education? See above for our meaning of ‘entrepreneurship in education’.
- Is your education project innovative and inspiring?
- Does your organisation have a large network of young people?
- Can you show that your project has had a positive impact on young people and your community?
Eligibility: The main criteria for becoming successful are:
- They’re entrepreneurial- they have innovative ways of tackling problems in education, they generate their own income, or they empower future generations of entrepreneurs.
- They’re sustainable- they are financially, socially and environmentally sustainable in the future and that look beyond donations and subsidies as their primary source of income.
- They create Impact- they achieve measurable results in terms of educational achievement and economic outcomes for participants and the wider community.
Number of Awardees: Three (3)
Value of Award: Winners receive:
- Unrestricted funding: $15,000 for the top place winner, $5,000 for our 3 runner-up and partner winners
- A fully-funded spot for a delegate to attend a Teach A Man To Fish event
- Publicity on the Teach A Man To Fish platform including our Members’ Network made up of leaders in education, development and entrepreneurship from around the world
Duration of Award: Not stated
How to Apply: Applications are now open. To get your application ready:
- Read about the competition, eligibility criteria and application tips in the Application Guide (Link below).
- Review the Terms and Conditions (Link below)
- APPLY NOW