Application Deadline: February 7th,2020
The MEST Training Program is a graduate-level, 1-year entrepreneurial course in business, communications and software development grounded in hands-on projects. Entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) form teams at MEST and pitch for the chance to receive seed funding.
Applications for a fully-sponsored seat in MEST Africa’s 1-year entrepreneurial training program in Accra, Ghana are now open for aspiring entrepreneurs from across the African continent. Interested applicants have until February 7th,2020 to apply for the MEST Class of 2021.
The MEST Training Program actively recruits from five markets; Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, and Cote d’Ivoire. In previous years, the cohort has been made up of entrepreneurs from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Côte d’Ivoire, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, The Gambia, Somalia, Sudan, and Mali. The Class of 2020 welcomes for the first time ever, entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) from The Republic of Congo , The Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho , Botswana , Uganda, and Benin .
Over the course of 1 year, successful applicants will come to MEST HQ in Accra, Ghana and take part in an intensive entrepreneurial training program centred around business, communication, and software development. The training is delivered by global experts and includes extensive hands-on project work, as well as mentorship from successful entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Africa.
The program culminates in an investor pitch for seed funding and the opportunity to grow their business out of one of the Pan-African MEST incubators in Lagos, Accra, Cape Town, and Nairobi.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
The Application Process
● Complete the application form
● Qualified applicants are asked to complete an aptitude test
● Successful applicants are contacted for a phone interview
● Top candidates in each region will be invited for an in-person interview in Accra, Lagos,
Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nairobi, or Abidjan
● Applications for the class of 2021 close February 7, 2020
For More Information: