Deadline April 24, 2020
Applications are invited for the Caravan Africa Entrepreneurship Program 2020. The program provides a comprehensive framework to accelerate industrialisation and create mass employment for young people on the African continent by interlinking local value chains to create cross-border ecosystems of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) capacities and micro-entrepreneurial skills which through synergies can create jobs, drive trade and boost integration for global opportunities.
The Caravan Entrepreneurship Program (CEP) is being pioneered by AfroChampions Initiative with funding from the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA). CEP will create the necessary capacity building support for micro-entrepreneurs to develop STEM-focused value chains to address challenges and opportunities in strategic industries – agriculture, textiles and manufacturing – within Mauritius.
- The program is open to the entrepreneurs with:
- Fully-fledged teams with STEM affiliates,
- Marketing partners already in place but
- Looking for further boost and to sell beyond Mauritius.
- Applicants must be Mauritian and be older than 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have knowledge and understanding of the value chain within which the business operates.
- Applicants must demonstrate potential for replication and growth of their value chain product or service to create jobs and wealth.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential, capable of attracting people, customers and resources.
- Ability to allocate time and resources to participate in the Project, including attending periodic meetings, and implementation of field testing/pilot project in East Africa.
For more information, visit Caravan Africa Entrepreneurship Program.