Ashoka Africa is accepting applications for the Ashoka Social Investment Accelerator 2018. The aim of the program is to support social entrepreneurs to refine their business model and be ready for investments. It also aims to help them find the right hybrid corporate structure to access investments.
- Finalists will participate in a two-day bootcamp in South Africa during which the first 4 modules of the toolkit will be addressed with all the social entrepreneurs, mentors, and experts.
- An online mentoring program will approach the other 4 modules over the 4-month period after the Bootcamp. Each session will include a webinar with Mark Cheng, Ashoka Europe Director and Social Impact Investor, exercises to produce some slides on each topic and collective Q&A.
- Finalists will connect on a weekly basis with mentors, who will provide feedback and advice. The outcome at the end of the online mentoring program is to produce a 30-40 slides deck (some slides will be produced during each module): the pitch deck will serve as a helpful tool for future pitch investment opportunities.
- Join exclusive online ‘peer’ calls, to network and exchange ideas with other shortlisted innovators and receive mentorship guidance from 3 selected professionals.
- Have access to an exclusive network of Ashoka Fellows and partners.
- Meet inspiring and innovative entrepreneurs.
- Finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their business case to a panel of social impact investors during the closing event in November.
- Travel costs to the bootcamp and the closing pitching event will be covered for the 12 selected entrepreneurs (travel costs for one (1) team member per organisation will be covered).
The social entrepreneur/enterprise must:
- Be legally registered in its country of operations.
- Be based in South, East or North Africa.
- Be built on a viable /sustainable business model, and have a market based approach.
- Be looking to raise investment (angel, debt or equity).
- Have at least 2 years of operations and of generating revenues.
- Have a team of minimum 5 people, with at least 2 English speaking persons who can dedicate time to the program.
- Have the potential to scale and replicate in other settings or communities.
- Have promise of substantial social impact through programs focussed on economic development, agriculture, nutrition, healthcare, education, as well as water and sanitation.
Click here to apply
Applications Deadline: April 16, 2018