APPLY: 2020 Lucas Dolega Award for Freelance Photographers
Application Deadline: November 24th 2019.
The Lucas Dolega Award is open to all freelance professional photographers, without age or country restrictions. The participation is free.
Participants will have to present a report on the coverage of any event relevant to the defense of freedoms and democracy, a conflict (civil or military wars, riots, attacks or public demonstrations…), a revolution, a natural, ecological or sanitary disaster, and/or their consequences on civil populations.
The competition is open exclusively to professional freelance photographers of all nationalities, without age restrictions. The term freelance is defined as a non-staff photographer, i.e. a photographer who does not work full time and exclusively for a press organization.
Submission is free subject for each Participant to accept all terms and conditions specified hereto. Any Participant who violates any of entries information set out here under shall not be considered in a position to receive the Prize.
Each Participant is allowed to submit several photographic reports up to three reportages.
There should be one participation file (the Entry) per reportage.
Each photoreportage will have to be completed between November 1st, 2018 and November 24th 2019
Entries have to be sent via Internet (via WeTransfer) and the following elements are mandatory :
• A selection of 10 to 20 numbered pictures following the order of the story (01_name.jpg, 02_name.jpg…), in .jpg, 300 DPI (max 3Mb per photo), including basic IPTC informations :
-Caption (who, what, where, when, why)-Date-Country-Name of photographer-Credit
• The completed entry form signed by the participant. Entry forms are available on the internet : www.prixlucasdolega.org
• The executed copy of the present terms and conditions
• A text in either french or english that introduces the reportage (300 words max)
• A biography (300 words max)• A portrait (jpg)
The Lucas Dolega Award will reward a photographer with a endowment by La Saif of 10.000 Euros, an exhibition in Paris, and a publication in the Reporters without borders album.
The award ceremony will take place at the Mairie de Paris, in january 2020.
For More Information: