Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation is accepting applications from women-owned or operated agribusinesses in sub-saharan African countries, for the Accelerating Women Entrepreneurs prize.
The prize will help women grow their businesses by providing winners with acceleration services including investment advice, consulting, investor matchmaking support, and business analysis.
- Eligible businesses must be owned or operated by a woman, and selling products or services in smallholder agricultural or livestock markets.
- Companies must have their headquarters in a sub-saharan African country where USAID currently operates.
- Companies should be incorporated, have a viable business model.
- Companies should benefit smallholder farmers in at least one the following areas:
– Increased access to agricultural inputs (e.g. seeds, fertilizer, crop protection products, equipment), technology (e.g. information and communication technology, cold chain logistics, mechanization, irrigation), financial and/or risk management services, and/or better agricultural practices.
– Expansion of market access through improved services by off takers or processors.
- Finalists will receive investment readiness consulting services and investor matchmaking support. Up to two companies will be awarded a package of technical assistance valued at $50,000.
The technical assistance package will include:
- An assessment of investment readiness, including a review of the enterprise’s corporate systems and a summary of key challenges and overall readiness for external investment
- Co-development of a five-year business strategy and financial projections, preparation of an investor overview document and outreach materials including a pitch deck, a landscape review of potential investors, and initial introductions to principals of the funds.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your organization and “Accelerating Women Entrepreneurs” in the subject line.
Receipt of submitted application will be confirmed. Only documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format will be accepted.
Application Deadline: April 25, 2018