Applications Open for the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards for Sustainable Solutions 2019
If you’ve got an initiative, product or service already in action that’s tackling a sustainability problem, or you know someone else whose brilliant work deserves recognition, then you need to apply for this.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2019 at 23:59 BST
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards are all about supporting and celebrating inspirational young people from all over the world with existing initiatives, products or services that are tackling some of the planet’s biggest sustainability challenges.
This year, the Awards will recognise initiatives in three key areas:
- Improve people’s health and wellbeing
- Improve the health of the planet
- Contribute to a fairer and more socially-inclusive world
Whether it’s with an initiative, product or service, if you’ve gone beyond the idea stage and started to make an impact, you stand a chance of being selected.
Eligibility: Anyone from around the world (excluding Russia), aged between 18 and 35 (as of 29 June 2019)
Selection Process: The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners, including the HRH Prize Winner, in 2019. The eight winners will be selected from a rigorous assessment process led by The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, culminating in video interviews with our finalist selection panels. All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2019 competition.
Number of Awards: 8
Value of Program: The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.’
All winners will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
- The overall winner of the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’ will receive a €50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The remaining winners will each receive a €8,500 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
How to Apply: To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form.
You’ll need to talk about all your initiative’s story so far, and your vision for its future. The more you can share, the better.