Applications Open for the Second Cohort of Injini Incubator 2018
Applications for the second cohort for Cape Town-based incubator Injini is now opened.
Injini is the first EdTech dedicated incubator programme on the African continent. It is the only opportunity for EdTech entrepreneurs based anywhere in Africa to get industry specialist mentoring, support, scale up and funding introductions, and early stage funding.
They are searching for eight EdTech start-ups from across the African continent to participate in its five-month incubation programme holding from July till December.
Injini will hold events across six African cities, including Lagos, Nigeria; Accra Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Dar es Salaam; Tanzania; Kampala, Uganda and Cape Town, South Africa.
The programme will cover workshops and mentoring of participants which is aimed at developing disruptive EdTech products and building EdTech’s capable of scaling across Africa.
- Injini will give each cohort up to R600k (~$50k) of funding.
- Injini will provide office space and cover the full cost of travel to and from Cape Town for all entrepreneurs and teams, pay stipends, and will cover accommodation for those that need it.
- Selected startups will also get access to events where they can network and pitch their start-ups to EdTech investors and institutions from around the world.
- The programme is open to anyone from, based in or focused on any African country.
- Businesses with 9% (post revenue companies) to 15% (pre product companies) equity in the main/parent company are encouraged to apply.
- Businesses focused on Africa and ona broad section of the population (especially low income), that addresses learning from early years to adults using technology.
DEADLINE: April 3 2018
To apply and for more information click here.