Applications Open for Carbon Disrupt Fund 2020 for African Tech Entrepreneurs
The Carbon Disrupt Fund has been set up to address the lack of funding and support holding back budding entrepreneurs in Africa.
The fund will provide financial and technical support for startups, allowing them to take advantage of our growing customer base and innovative technology platform, to get to market faster.
- Applicants should be from companies with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Cote, d’Ivoire, and Egypt.
- The fund has a wide investment mandate but target sectors include insurance, health, education which have not seen as much investment as the fintech space.
- Startups looking to applying for the fund must have a functional product, be in post-revenue stage, and looking to operate in multiple countries.
- The Carbon Disrupt Fund will invest up to $10,000 per startup in exchange for a 5% equity.
- The fund will also provide mentorship, access to Carbon’s customers and payment platform, as well as office space in Carbon’s Lagos offices.
How to Apply:
Interested entrepreneurs can apply to access the fund by filling this form. Please upload your pitch deck containing a short summary of your company, your team profile, management accounts and any additional supporting documents that you would like to share.