Application Deadline: 13 January 2020
The Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition invites the brightest minds from the world’s most entrepreneurial universities to come together to address the challenges of the 21st century and reimagine the future.
The Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC) derives its name from Singapore’s founding Prime Minister, who developed the country’s defining business plan bringing Singapore onto the global stage. It is this spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and ambition that the competition enshrines.
The LKYGBPC offers a unique platform for the upcoming generation of global innovators and entrepreneurs to reimagine cities into smart, sustainable and resilient communities.
Organised by the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IIE) at SMU, the 10th Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competitionhas been titled ‘Reimagine Smart, Sustainable and Resilient Cities’, with various verticals on sustainable urban innovations.
Applicable technologies that facilitate solutions for the listed verticals may include blockchain, virtual & augmented reality, data analytics & artificial intelligence, internet of things (IoT), 5G, robotics and more.
There is a total of up to S$1 million worth of prizes to be won. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the top winner from each of the two categories. Finalists also stand a chance to win other thematic cash, investment and in-kind prizes such as:
- DBS Foundation Social Impact Prize
- Sino-Singapore Nanjing Eco Hi-tech Island Investment Prize
- NSCC Supercomputing Resource Prize
- and more.
The following materials will be required for your application during the Preliminary Round. Failure to submit the materials online by the announced deadline will result in disqualification.
- Executive Summary
- Not more than 500 words, in pdf
- File should be named in this format: Summary_TeamName.pdf
- Pitch Deck Presentation
- Not more than 20 slides, in pdf
- File should be named in this format: Presentation_TeamName.pdf
- Video presentation (Optional)
- This is encouraged but not required.
- Video should be no longer than 5 minutes with preference for mp4 and resolution no greater than 360 pixel.
- File should be named in this format: Video_TeamName.mp4
- All submitted materials must be the original work of the participating team.
- Each team is eligible to submit one idea. In the event of multiple submissions by a team, the last submission made by the team by the deadline will be considered for evaluation.
- All submitted executive summary and pitch deck presentation can only be in English or Chinese.
- All timings indicated are in the Singapore time zone (+0800 GMT).
|13 Jan 2020||Announcement of Elite 100#|
|20 Jan 2020||Announcement of RVLT 50#|
|16 – 19 Mar 2020||Global Young Innovators Summit*|
|20 Mar 2020||Grand Finals (Awards Presentation)|
For More Information: