British Council’s West Africa Arts Programme #UKWestAfricaArts invites applications from Creative Hubs in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and United Kingdom to participate in a development programme for Creative Hubs from these countries.
For this programme, creative hubs are defined as any physical space that connects artists and / or creative entrepreneurs* to each other and to skills, and capacity that strengthens their artistic practice or creative enterprise.
Creative Entrepreneurs are defined as people running businesses in film, music, fashion, performing arts, visual arts, architecture, broadcasting, advertising, publishing, gaming or software.
About the Creative Hubs Programme
The Creative Hubs Programme will support hubs to strengthen their sustainability through a programme of facilitator-led and peer-to-peer learning and networking for hub managers or founders involved in day-to-day leadership or management of the hubs.
The programme will also support participating hubs to develop their business support, capacity building and advisory services to artists and creative entrepreneurs.
The expected outcome for the programme is a more vibrant network of stronger hubs across West Africa and the UK that stimulate increased capacity in creative ecosystems in the hubs’ locations.
To be selected to join the programme, hubs will:
- Have founders or managers that are aged 18 – 35 OR have a demonstrable focus on supporting creative enterprises and / or artists that are aged 18 – 35.
- Have been operational for at least 6 months
- Have a physical space that brings artists and / or creative entrepreneurs together AND offers them at least two of training, networking, advisory or business support (like incubation or acceleration).
- Be located in one of these cities in West Africa: Abuja, Accra, Calabar, Dakar, Enugu, Freetown, Kano, Kumasi, Lagos Port Harcourt OR any location in the UK.
- Be available to attend a workshop in Abuja, Nigeria from 4 to 7 December 2017 (Hub Managers or Founders involved in Day to Day management only)
How To Apply
To apply, fill in the form by 30 October 2017.
Selected Hubs will be notified by 6 November 2017.